We’ve been inspiring the region since 1919 and together we continue to grow and evolve.
Our membership consists of the 36 Local Authorities within the geographical areas of Cheshire and Merseyside, Cumbria, Lancashire, Greater Manchester and Liverpool City Region. Greater Manchester Combined Authority and Liverpool City Region Combined Authority are also members of North West Employers.
We are your Regional Employer Organisation, and your representative voice for the North West. Our focus is supporting our members to:
- Redesign public services and re-imagine the future of work
- Develop impactful leaders
- Build a stronger, more connected, North West voice
Our aim is to enable and inspire you to be the best you can be, for your communities, citizens and places. To achieve this purpose, we are:
- A provider of innovative solutions and a catalyst for collaborative working
- An independent broker bringing together partners to harness your collective strengths and knowledge
- A highly respected and influential advocate for our members; championing leadership of your locality and maximisation of all available resources
- An invaluable resource of specialist expertise and capacity; providing advice and support on key issues
- The main interface between employers and trade unions at a regional level on strategic issues
Our close relationship with regional and national partner organisations helps us build a stronger and more connected North West.
Gender Pay Gap Statement
North West Employers have decided to voluntarily carry out Gender Pay Reporting under the Equality Act 2010 (Gender Pay Gap Information) Regulations 2017.
Gender Pay Reporting involves carrying out calculations that show the difference between the average earnings of men and women in our organisation; it does not involve publishing individual employees’ data.
We can use these results to assess:
- The levels of gender equality in our workplace.
– The balance of male and female employees at different levels.
– How effectively talent is being maximised and rewarded.
Gender Pay Reporting requires our organisation to make calculations based on employee gender. We have established this by using our existing HR and payroll records.
Below is our Gender Pay Gap statement for 2022 – 23:
North West Employers has 11 employees (8 women and 3 men). On average, women at North West Employers are paid 33% more than men.