We are proud to be a member owned and led organisation. Our membership consists of the 41 Local Authorities within the geographical areas of Cheshire and Merseyside, Cumbria, Lancashire, Greater Manchester and Liverpool City Region. Greater Manchester Combined Authority and Liverpool City Region Combined Authority are also members of North West Employers.
We are your Regional Employer Organisation, and your representative voice for the North West. Our aim is to enable and inspire you to be the best you can be, for your communities, citizens and places. To achieve this purpose, we are:
- A provider of innovative solutions and a catalyst for collaborative working
- An independent broker bringing together partners to harness your collective strengths and knowledge
- A highly respected and influential advocate for our members; championing leadership of your locality and maximisation of all available resources
- An invaluable resource of specialist expertise and capacity; providing advice and support on key issues
- The main interface between employers and trade unions at a regional level on strategic issues
Our focus is supporting our members to:
- Redesign public services and re-imagine the future of work
- Develop impactful Leaders
- Build a stronger, more connected, North West Voice
Our close relationship with regional and national partner organisations helps us build a stronger and more connected North West.
We are not for profit and our funding is from two main sources: membership subscriptions and commercial income through consultancy work and additional support. Every pound that is invested in us, either through your membership or through additional services, is reinvested back into the public service in the North West.