The North West Randomised Coffee Trial (RCTs) New Dates 2016/2017
We are pleased to announce our new dates for randomised coffee trials across the North West. Helping to connect leaders across sectors and professions.
As the last event was so successful, this will now be an on going monthly event, connecting even more of the North West than ever.
What is a randomised coffee trial?
A RCT is fancy name for something that is incredibly simple. Basically, it’s a way of randomly matching people to come together for a coffee (face-to-face or over the phone) to chat about whatever they want. The original idea was inspired by Pedra Medina and developed further by Michael Soto and John Kipsbury from Nesta in 2013.
What impact can it have? According to NESTA the benefits include the following:
Provides legitimacy to chat to people about things that aren’t directly work related. Although every time there have been direct beneficial impacts on various projects and programmes.
- Totally random conversations, as well as some very useful work related conversations. Breaks silos … in a really effective way.
- Offers the chance to make time to talk to people they should be talking to anyway, and to meet people who they won’t be directly working with but it’s nice to know who they are!
- It’s a really good way of revealing links within the organisation and encouraging us to collaborate. It’s interesting that being part of the wider ‘RCT’ banners gives permission to spend and honour the time. Less likely to cancel a catch up if it’s an RCT coffee than a social catch up on a busy day.
- They like the prompt to talk to someone new (or someone they already know), and the permission to take 30 minutes just to see what’s going on, without any particular agenda or goal.
It’s quite simple;
- Register your interest below
- Check the RCT dates HERE
- Find out who you have been paired with
- Organise your Randomised Coffee Trial meetup
Where can I find out more about randomised coffee trials?
Want to know more about the impact that Randomised Coffee Trials have been found to have and more about running RCTs.
How do I get involved?
To get involved simply fill out the short form. We will match you with your random coffee mate and also give further details of what to do to make the most of your randomised coffee experience.