The NW ADASS Safeguarding Network is led by Graham Hodkinson, Director of Adult Social Care at Wirral to link into the national network to ensure that national best practice is support, contributed to, delivered and developed across the North West.
NW ADASS – Making Safeguarding Personal
12 October 2017, 10.00 – 4.00, The LifeCentre, 235 Washway Road, Sale, M33 4BP
The NW ADASS Programme Office worked closely with the NW Safeguarding Leads to organise an event focusing on Making Safeguarding Personal (MSP).
Our feedback for this event was extremely positive – thank you for all the kind words of which we would like to share a few:
On the AftaThought session:
- Enjoyed very much. An interactive way of learning.
- Really brought MSP alive and made me think about it from a real person-centred perspective.
- As a new manager in Adults with little experience of working in Adult Services I found the scenarios enlightening and thought provoking in terms of the culture we need to embed in our local authority.
- An excellent way of demonstrating MSP.
- Very interactive and inclusive. Great!
- Excellent, powerful, should be used more frequently.
On Jane Lawson’s overview:
- Really useful and helpful with lots of information re. ideas and support for promoting MSP within our organisation and also for partner organisations.
- Some very good resources and ideas for supervision and auditing safeguarding enquiries.
- Excellent and heart-warming example relating to the father.
- The person with dementia is always there – just have to find them.
- How do we translate this opportunity for reflective challenge and skill development with the limited resources we have into local development on a more frequent basis?
- MSP is more complex than being person-centred – important to balance risk/choice to promote wellbeing.
Thank you again to all of you for making the day such a positive experience. We aim to be in touch with a pack of resources before Christmas!
Presentations from the day