During Summer 2015 NW ADASS reviewed our Sector Led Improvement Programme and we are delighted to introduce our region’s first Regional Account. The aim of the Regional Account is to describe the way in which the region grips the improvement challenge in order to support one another, understand risk and priorities in the region, and co-ordinate a programme of collaboration and support.
Some of the highlights within the region over the last twelve months include:
- Use of intelligence within the improvement programme has helped us articulate a set of priorities that are specific to our region
- 10 peer reviews completed, with a particular focus upon safeguarding
- Piloting a focused and flexible ‘team to team challenge’ between Wigan and Liverpool, focusing upon commissioning, carers and information and advice
- A regional support programme for implementation of the Care Act, with ongoing national Care Act stocktakes demonstrating ongoing progress and improving confidence
- Carrying out research with 23 NW commissioners to identify priorities for collaboration and learning and support needs across the region