As a member of North West Employers, you have access to a range of resources, information, guides and webinars that you can share across your organisation. We’ll keep refreshing and updating the content and if there’s anything you’d like to see here or would be happy for us to share, please let us know.
To view the resources listed in each category, click the ”+” or ”-” buttons below, to the right of each section. This will open or close the accordion menus, allowing you to fully navigate the page.
Content from these articles may not be copied, modified, re-branded or otherwise reused in any form, without first seeking the consent of North West Employers.
The last few months have seen some significant changes to ways of working and we’ve been able to capture some of what this has meant for our organisations through a series of leadership conversations with Professor Catherine Needham at the University of Birmingham. You can read the learning from the research in the following report and see the evolution of local authority strategies as Covid-19 moved from an acute crisis into business as usual for the foreseeable future.
The research also poses the question as to how we keep open the window of change for public servants and the citizens and communities that they work alongside.
Digital Working Resources
Digital/ remote working is on the increase. Here are some useful guides and resources to support you;
- Move Your Mental Health Strategy Forward
- Thriving in Isolation- Online Module
- Top Tips for Virtual Meetings
- GM Moving with Rene Barrett – Weathering the Storm
- Myth-Busting Agile Working with Perry Timms
- Cultivating Personal Resilience Webinar with Matt Smeed
- Managing Virtual Teams & Home-Schooling Webinar with Eva Applebaum
- Brief Conversation Guide
- NHCP Guide for Difficult Conversations
- Guide to Person Centred Coaching Conversations
- Setting up Your Work Station
- Workout at Work
- Coaching Techniques for Better Conversations
- Agile Working Guidance
Systems & Culture Change
- National Organisational Development Programme
- CIPD- Anti-Racism Strategy
- Where Are We & What Does It Mean?- Sian Taylor
- What’s Happening For You Right Now- Sian Taylor
- Building Relationships
- How To Manage Your Manager
- Hosting a Successful Webinar
- Reset Refocus Renew How to Lead Organisations Towards a Post Pandemic World
- Reach For The Stars- Sharon Senior
- Change Management- CIPD
- Dealing With Change
- Is Resilience Suffering an Identity Crisis?- Matt Smeed
- Street Wisdom- Sharon Senior
- Strengths Based Performance Conversations
- Agile Working- CIPD
- Coaching Conversations – Webinar
- Covid-19 & Culture Change
- COVID-19 Outbreak: Reset & Recovery
- COVID-19 Community Response; Learning Together
- COVID-19 Guidance for Councillors- LGA
- CfPS Guide 1 Remote working for councillors April 2020
- CfPS Guide 2 Scrutiny April 2020
- CfPS Guide 3 Councillor Access to Information April 2020
- CfPS Guide 4 Scrutiny and supporting the vulnerable
- CfPS Guide 5 Council finances, audit and Scrutiny May 2020
- My Role as a Councillor- Joanne Harding
- Creating Conditions for Community
- Reducing the Effects of Climate Change
- An Audience with Dr Steph Snape- Bringing Scrutiny to Life
Talent & Workforce
- Direct and indirect impacts of COVID-19 on health and wellbeing – rapid evidence review
- Adapting to the New Normal
- Mental Fitness Workout Manual
- Article: Is Resilience the Same as Mental Fitness?
- The AntiBaddies- Resilience Toolkit
- Appraisals For Appraisees
- Delivering Appraisals Training
- An Insight into the Importance of Health & Wellbeing
- Top Tips on How to Achieve Apprenticeship Success
- Mental, Physical & Virtual Wellbeing- Interchange Event
Darren Newman Law Updates
North West Employers has partnered up with Darren Newman, one of the UK’s leading employment law specialists to keep our members abreast of new case law and emerging legislation.
- Remote Hearings
- Unintentional Bullying
- 2020 Pay Cap
- Exit Payment Cap
- The Rooney Rule
- The Bradford Factor
- Shall we talk about something else?
- Coronavirus & Casual Workers
- COVID-19 Bulletin
- Working Time Directive- Subcontractors
- Unfair Dismissal
- Shared Parental Leave
- Redundancy- Consideration of Alternative Work
- Positive Action
- Parental Bereavement Leave
- Paid Annual Leave Entitlement
- Non Disclosure Agreements
- Exit Payments Cap
- Equality Act- Vegans
- Equal Pay
- Disability Related Absence
Leaders in GM
Leaders in GM was developed to bring together diverse groups of leaders from across all public sector services within Greater Manchester.
As well as helping individuals with their personal development, Leaders in GM has helped us build a fantastic network of knowledgeable people, who are passionate about improving the lives of Greater Manchester communities.
Below are some useful resources from the Leaders in GM programme, which has now come to an end.
- If it Isn’t About the People, What is it About?
- Stretch or Strain- A Journey Towards Resilient Leadership
- The Importance of Storytelling in Creative Leadership
- Why is Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Crucial for Leaders in GM?
- Bury Case Study
- Oldham Case Study
- Salford Case Study
- Tameside Case Study