We’ve been inspiring the region since 1919 and together we continue to grow and evolve.
As a member-owned and member-led organisation, your priorities are our priorities. We keep you at the forefront of everything we do.
We understand that each Local Authority is unique, each with your own challenges and opportunities. We want to work with and alongside you, as part of your team to create tailored solutions to meet your needs.
Through your dedicated sub regional lead, we will work with you to understand your strategic needs and to ensure that you maximise the value of your membership through the creation of your own personalised membership plan.
We have designed our latest membership offer to reflect the public sector environment, and by listening to your feedback, needs and opportunities. We continue to innovate and evolve in response to our ever-changing context.
In response, our membership offer has 3 core elements within our 3 priority areas;
Regional Employer Offer
We are your Regional Employer Organisation, and your representative-voice for the North West.
- Regional voice- responding to national consultations
- Strategic relationships with Joint Trade Unions
- Participation in the National Association of Regional Employers
- Executive Board Member & Elected Member Representative Support
- HR Advice Line & Help Desk
- Exclusive Consultancy Rates
Capturing & Sharing Innovative Practice
We aim to capitalise on our unique regional position by capturing, enabling and sharing information, intelligence and insights, so that the innovation and creativity that we have across the public sector in the North West can be for the many and not the few.
- Networking sessions focusing on the following topics: OD, Strategic Scrutiny in Practice, Councillor Development, Schools HR, Regional HR, Portfolio Holders for Adults & Children’s Services, Chief Executives
- Digital networking sessions via Basecamp focusing on the following topics: Pay & Reward, Payroll, Pensions, Policy Review
- Developing & sharing insights & intelligence
- Conferences & webinars with expert speakers
- Collaboration with partners such as AQuA & the North West Leadership Academy, to maximise sectoral knowledge and expertise
Senior Leaders, Team & System Support
The scale and complexity of demands on our public services continue to grow. Investing in senior leaders, teams and system support is crucial for creating and sustaining momentum and continued innovation and development. We are privileged to be able to work with and alongside our senior leaders and to support them and their teams to rise to their challenges and exceed expectations.
- Chief Executive appraisals & 360 feedback
- Direct support and advice around any of the three priority areas
- An introductory meeting for all new Chief Executives & senior leaders to support them in their new role
- A half-day facilitated session in any of the three priority areas
Our Associate Members are organisations that are not Local Authorities but are still part of the public sector family. Although this level of membership does not grant access to all of membership services, we can still provide a level of support to help keep you connected.
If you are interested in becoming an Associate Member or would like more information, please get in touch.