January 1, 2020 - January 31, 2020
We’re here to help…
For more information please
contact one of our helpful and
friendly staff members on
0161 834 9362
Want to run this course In-House?
Give us a call and we will be more
than happy to help.
Many people suffering from mental illness remain silent for a variety of reasons – guilt, trust, embarrassment, a belief that no one will believe them, fear, shame, stigma, a sign of weakness, but what is clear is that not being able to confide in another person is high on the list.
- To understand what Mental Health is.
- To identify different aspects of Mental Health
- Learn the Skills, Behaviours and Knowledge required to undertake the role
- Be able to undertake Organisational Audits
- Be able to sign-post to other support mechanisms
- Embed learning by sharing experiences and using real-life case studies to practice what you have learnt
By the end of this two-day course Mental Health First Aiders will be able to:
- Describe in-depth what mental health is, how it can manifest itself and the effects on the well-being of individuals
- Recognise the signs, symptoms and triggers of common workplace mental health issues
- Establish the skills, knowledge and behaviours a Mental Health First Aider requires
- Create the boundaries and ground rules in which a Mental Health First Aider will operate
- Identify and sign-post people to different forms of help and support available
- Demonstrate the behaviours and skills in the helping relationship
Please note that this course works from both participants’ experiences and other real-life case studies. The subject areas and content can be upsetting and distressing. If anyone feels overwhelmed, they can take a “time out” or leave the course at any time without any pressure. If would be participants wish to discuss the content, a confidential conversation can be booked with the tutor. Likewise, both during and following the workshop any issues raised can be discussed in private with the tutor.
£200 + VAT per person ( member rate ) – Please note, for non-members a price will be provided upon completion of the booking form.
Please note, on our regional courses there is a maximum of 15 places available; first come, first served.
This course can also be run in-house at a cost of £2500 + VAT saving £500 (this equates to £166.60 p/p for both days)
Calendar powered by The Events Calendar