- This event has passed.
February 18 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
We’re here to help…
For more information please
contact one of our helpful and
friendly staff members on
0161 834 9362
Want to run this course In-House?
Give us a call and we will be more
than happy to help.
Specifically designed for males and females of all ages; this is an interactive, educational workshop discussing the science behind the menopause and the impact it can have on staff wellbeing and performance. It also includes information on implementing policy and procedure to establish a supportive framework for staff experiencing the menopause.
Over 50% of women believe their job performance is negatively affected by menopausal symptoms including poor concentration, tiredness, poor memory and hot flushes; and for some women these symptoms can last for months or many years.
Without reassurance and encouragement, staff may find it hard to speak to their managers about their health, particularly if the managers are male or more junior. They may not disclose the true reason for any absence, or they may withdraw from participation.
- To help women and men (managers and partners) understand the signs and symptoms of the menopause
- To discuss the impact on mental, physical and emotional health and performance at work
- To reduce menopause stigma and open up communication and conversations in the workplace
- To discuss policy and procedures required to establish a supportive framework for staff on the menopause
- The signs, symptoms and science of the menopause
- Severity, duration, and impact on wellbeing and sleep
- How the menopause can affect performance
- Psychological impacts including anxiety, low mood and stress
- The role of the manager – interventions and support
- Discussion of good practice guidance for supportive framework