Cost: £150 + VAT for Members / £195 + VAT for Non-Members
Brilliant Public Sector Masterclasses
Why attend this Masterclass?
- For greater understanding of purpose-driven organisations and leaders
- For greater sense of what it’s like to get underneath the rhetoric of meaning at work and what it actually means to put theory into practice
- For the opportunity to hear an intergenerational and global perspective on organisation purpose and meaning
There is convincing evidence that organisations that focus on creating engaging workplaces put themselves in a position to flourish. Pim and Joost will spend the first part of the masterclass sharing their stories and experience after their visits to over 60 organisations, leaders and thinkers such as Patagonia, Spotify, Buurtzorg, Zappos, Simon Sinek, and Frederic Laloux. They will outline what they have learned about meaning in the workplace, the nature of 21st century organisations, their people and what this means for senior leaders as well as practitioners in HR, OD and L&D.
To see and get to this Promised Land, we should clear our minds of the old management paradigms. The old management paradigms that continue to focus on command-and-control structures in a time that demands a radically different approach. It is time to fill in an entirely new canvas.
In latter part of the masterclass attendees will have the opportunity to work together in small groups to make sense of what they have learned, to share their own experiences and questions and develop their thoughts on how their own practice and organisation might be ripe for change. It will deep-dive and share the 8 main trends they uncovered while visiting the world’s most inspiring workplaces:
1. From profit to purpose and values
2. From hierarchical pyramids to a network of teams
3. From directive leadership to supportive leadership
4. From predict & plan to experiment & adapt
5. From rules & control to freedom & trust
6. From centralized authority to distributed authority
7. From secrecy to radical transparency
8. From job descriptions to talents and mastery
If you truly want your organisation to be labelled “a company I’d love to work for” then this masterclass is a must – it will transport you and your organisation to a place you’ll love.
Facilitators: Joost Minnaar and Pim de Morree, Corporate Rebels
Joost and Pim, known as “The Corporate Rebels”, are on a mission to make work more fun. They quit their frustrating, corporate jobs and set out to travel the globe and visit the world’s most inspiring organisations. While checking off their renowned Bucket List they share everything they learn.
As featured in: New York Times, Forbes, Huffington Post, Guardian, BBC, Financieele Dagblad, Tijd, 3FM Radio.
You can see our other Masterclass events here…
Keep checking our website for more masterclasses being added monthly.