Dates: 25 April, 22 May, 9 July & 25 July 2018
Cost: £350 + VAT for Members / £412 + VAT for Non-Members of North West Employers
Venue: North West Employers Offices, Exchange Quay, M5 3EJ
This 3.5 day programme is about equipping first line supervisors / managers with the skills to manage their teams and will be delivered over a 14 week period.
The Impactful Managers Programme will allow opportunities for reflective learning time between each development day and is more than just a series of workshops. The thinking behind this is that adults learn best when they get to really try out the concepts and theories in the real world whilst challenging each other and establishing team goals. The programme is designed to give you access to a variety of development opportunities and there will be a number of activities that you will undertake as part of the programme, including:
• participating in a 360° feedback process to learn more about your current style and approach as a manager (using NW Employers tool) – optional
• completion and evaluation of an Emotional Intelligence questionnaire
• completion and evaluation of a Strengths Finder questionnaire
• maintaining a learning and gratitude diary
• networking and peer support from other managers
Who is this programme for?
North West Employers have designed a management development programme for those who:
• are new line managers / supervisors or those wanting to refresh their skills and approach
• want to develop their management thinking
• are taking on additional management responsibilities
• are increasingly required to manage, supervise and influence others
Aims of the programme:
The aim of this programme is to identify and develop individuals offering access to a management development programme that will develop your experience and knowledge so that you can get the most out of your team.
The purpose of the programme is to help participants:
• consider, explore and develop their management ‘style’ and approach
• gain a better understanding of useful management tools and techniques to leverage high performance
• develop a range of techniques to assist them in helping both themselves and their staff to thrive and develop sustainable team resilience
• manage difficult situations using a variety of approaches
• improve performance and encourage their staff using performance management techniques
The programme will consist of:
The programme will consist of three full day sessions and a closing master class:
• Knowing and Understanding Me and You: a full day programme to help you understand the impact of behaviours and relationships and how to manage difficult situations.
• Embracing Change: A full day session to explore the change management process and how you can get the best from your team during turbulent times.
• Tools of the Trade: A session aimed at developing your management skills toolkit.
• Managing the Stretch and Strain: A masterclass to help you face the pressures of being a manager, leading a team and looking after your own wellbeing.
Please Click Here for further information on each element.