Dates: 18 September (Briefing session if you opt for the 360 degree process), 20 October, 24 November, 14 and 18 December 2017
Cost: The cost for the three day programme and the half day Master Class is £499 + VAT per person for Members / £598 + VAT per person for Non-Members of North West Employers
*Optional 360 degree questionnaire, written report and feedback is £399 + VAT per person for Members / £518 + VAT per person for Non-Members of North West Employers
Venue: North West Employers, Suite 2.4, 2nd Floor, Building 8, Exchange Quay, Salford Quays, M5 3EJ
This three and a half day programme is about equipping first line supervisors / managers with the skills to manage their teams and will be delivered over a ten week period.
The Impactful Manager Programme will allow opportunities for reflective learning time between each development day and is more than just a series of workshops. The thinking behind this is that adults learn best when they get to really try out the concepts and theories in the real world whilst challenging each other and establishing team goals. The programme is designed to give you access to a variety of development opportunities and there will be a number of activities that you will undertake as part of the programme including:
- participating in a 360 degree feedback process to learn more about your current style and approach as a manager (using North West Employers’ tool) – *optional
- completion and evaluation of an Emotional Intelligence questionnaire
- completion and evaluation of a Strengths Finder questionnaire
- maintaining a learning and gratitude diary
- networking and peer support from other managers
Impactful Manager is for those who:
- are new line managers / team leaders or those wanting to refresh their skills and approach
- want to develop their management thinking
- are taking on additional management responsibilities
- are increasingly required to manage, supervise and influence others
Impactful Manager is designed to help you to:
- consider, explore and develop their management ‘style’ and approach
- gain a better understanding of useful management tools and techniques to leverage high performance
- a range of techniques to assist them in helping both themselves and their staff to thrive and develop sustainable team resilience
- manage difficult situations using a variety of approaches
- improve performance and encourage their staff using performance management techniques
- maximise the potential of team members
- contribute to the strategic development of your organisation
- lead change within your own area of responsibility
The programme will consist of three full day sessions and a closing master class:
- Knowing and Understanding Me and You: a full day programme to help you understand the impact of behaviours and relationships and how to manage difficult situations
- Embracing Change: A full day session to explore the change management process and how you can get the best from your team during turbulent times
- Tools of the Trade: A session aimed at developing your management skills toolkit
- Managing the Stretch and Strain: A master class to help you face the pressures of being a manager, leading a team and looking after your own wellbeing
Further information is given below on each element:
Programme delivery methods will include:
- facilitated sessions including exploration of theoretical underpinning concepts and techniques
- group discussion and group exercises
- video presentations
- self-reflection and self-auditing using recognised tools
Knowing and Understanding Me and You
A full day session to help you understand the impact of behaviours and relationships and how to manage difficult situations
Self-awareness helps you to understand your management style and approach, an essential part of who you are as a manager. Building effective relationships is an important part of influencing and getting things done. During the session you will cover a number of topics to help you develop your self-awareness and develop skills to build effective relationships.
This session will give programme participants the opportunity to explore:
- self-awareness and understanding
- relationship building skills including:
- recognising and handling conflict
- transactional analysis
- emotional intelligence
- appreciative leadership
- providing meaningful strengths based feedback
- self-awareness and the impact you have on others
- self-management and coaching skills
A full day session to explore the change management process and how you can equip your staff to make the most of the opportunities change brings
This informative session will help you understand more about your role in the change process. Change is an integral part of our developing ways of working and having the necessary understanding and skills to manage the ongoing changes will help you to be an effective manager and support your teams through the process.
This session will give programme participants the opportunity to:
- have an understanding of the change management processes
- gain an insight into best practice
- recognise the need for change
- explore ways to influence change and factors that contribute to success / failure of change projects
Tools of the Trade :
A session aimed at developing your coaching skills and management style.
Creating a high performance culture is an important driver for organisational change. We often hear that people are our greatest asset but what happens when you come across unproductive behaviours in the workplace? What are we doing to make sure we get the best out of people and maximise performance? Conducting difficult conversations around things like poor performance, sickness absence, inappropriate behaviour and negative attitudes isn’t something many of us relish but it’s increasingly important that managers feel confident to tackle these behaviours and have some of these difficult conversations.
We are all individuals and have different management styles. This session will help you to identify your management style and the effect this can have on your team and outcomes. This session explores a variety of management tools and techniques to help you develop your management style.
This session will give programme participants the opportunity to:
- develop their coaching skills
- explore a variety of management styles and the impact they have
- understand and apply the principles of effective performance management
- be able to apply goal setting, coaching and evaluation techniques
- recognise the skills to conduct a performance review for good performance and the confidence to challenge poor performance
Managing the Stretch and Strain – building resilience and sustainability:
A half day master class to help you face the pressures of being a manager, leading a team and looking after your own wellbeing during times of upheaval and uncertainty.
In this enlightening and practical masterclass we will assist you to:
- explore how you can build greater personal resilience in yourself and others around you
- consider a range of techniques which you can utilise to build and maintain resilience
- reflect personally on your own level of resilience and how this relates to the wider team
- develop a personal action plan to improve your emotional wellbeing and resilience
- consider how your team can operate effectively to further develop resilience
Optional 360 degree Feedback
Participants are strongly encouraged to take part in a 360 degree feedback review before starting the programme. Getting invaluable feedback from your manager, peers and team members provides a really useful insight into your own leadership style and how others perceive you.
The 360° review is completed online and gives you the opportunity to gather views on how you operate from a variety of colleagues, partners, clients and your staff. The tool gathers information and provides feedback on a number of leadership elements, including:
- understanding context
- developing potential
- outcome focus
Our approach includes a 1-2-1 feedback session with a trained facilitator to help you interpret your report so that you can really take stock of your strengths and inform your future development plans.
If you are interested in taking part in the 360 degree feedback, you will need to attend a short briefing session which will explain how the process works.
North West Employers is licensed to undertake the questionnaires and to provide feedback to individuals.
Our experience has shown that participants who take part in the 360 degree feedback activity as part of a programme develop a depth of self-awareness which helps them to gain a rich insight into how they operate and how they work with others.
Please click here to download the full brochure.