Cost: £155 + VAT for Members / £200 + VAT for Non-Members of North West Employers
Venue: North West Employers’ Offices, Exchange Quay, M5 3EJ
‘Committee administrators are key to efficient and effective governance. This unique and practical programme will help new and experienced committee officers to understand how best to support the Council’s leadership team and elected members to transform services in a climate of fiscal austerity’
This tailor made programme is lively, interactive and delivered by a former councillor, veteran trainer of members and officers and published author.
The course will help Committee Administrators to:
- Understand the wider significance of their role – including the ethical framework in which they operate
- Understand the key frustrations typically experienced by members and officers in the partnership (and how to overcome them)
- Develop ‘political nouse’
- Gain an insight into overview and scrutiny and how administrators can support its purpose of ‘holding to account’ and ‘driving beneficial change’
- Provide effective support to meetings i.e. report writing and report administration as a project management process
- Delivering effective support to differing meetings
Format and Programme Outline
- What is the purpose and role of a committee administrator?
- How does the role complement and help to drive the key strategic objectives of the Council?
- How can committee staff unlock the productive potential of the member/ officer partnership whilst avoiding some of the potholes and pitfalls?
- What protocols and standards drive probity and ethical governance within the organisation?
- How can administrators ‘gear up’ to provide more efficient and effective support to meetings?
- What are the key governance functions to support Councils to make an effective difference in society – and how can administrators support them?