Costs: £130 + VAT for Members / £169 + VAT for Non-Members of North West Employers
Venue: North West Employers, Exchange Quay, M5 3EJ
Improving business performance has always been challenging and looks like becoming even more so. In the testing climate that we all face, businesses that survive and thrive will share one vitally important characteristic: they will have invested in training for ‘financial literacy’ at all levels of the organisation.
Our trainer has an extensive background in accounting in all sectors. He has developed the Understanding Business Finance programme to enable participants to better understand the accounting and other financial processes within their business. They will learn to apply financial management techniques and tools that will support them in their responsibility for making insightful and sound decisions.
At the end of this training programme participants will be able to:
- Understand the role of accounting in an organisation
- Recognise and understand common accounting terminology
- Understand the need for budgeting and learn ways of planning a budget Identify the different costing methods used in finance
- Be familiar with the key accounting documentation used in business
- Understand the difference between solvency, liquidity and profitability
- Prepare a simple cash flow, profit and loss account and balance sheet
- Understand the Need to Invest
The programme ‘demystifies’ accounting terminology, processes, tools and techniques and makes them accessible. The style is interactive and participative with the use of practical exercises to build capability.
Who Should Attend
Our Understanding Business Finance courses are for Company Directors, Managers, Team Leaders, Project Managers and Supervisors who need to better understand and be able to positively affect their organisation’s financial processes and outcomes.