Keep your finger on the pulse and check out our series of inspiring and challenging Masterclasses for public sector leaders. We have lined up some of Europe’s most sought after speakers, who are experts in their field.
Leading with Kindness, Compassion and Joy for Greater Productivity, Innovation, Engagement and Wellbeing Masterclass
Delivered by Rene Barrett, Associate, North West Employers
27 June 2018
Click Here to book this event – SPECIAL OFFER – book three places, get a third half price.
Today’s public sector leaders are being asked to function with fewer resources and continually find new ways to tackle challenges. There has never been a time when more is expected from the public sector with greater requirements for compliance and regulation in our organisational life. At the same time the percentage of people who loathe their jobs has been rising and the number of people who love their jobs has been falling. With increasing demands on time, resources, and energy, in addition to poorly designed systems of daily work, it’s not surprising public sector employees are experiencing burnout at increasingly higher rates, with staff turnover rates also on the rise.
The last decade has seen the rise of behavioural economics and a growing interest in using it, together with positive psychology, to understand how behaviour influences everything from day-to-day life, to work, to how the economy functions. Behaviour in work not only impacts individual staff engagement and satisfaction, but also the experiences of citizens/patients, quality of service and organizational performance. We need to better understand how to motivate public servants to enhance employee productivity, engagement and innovation whilst protecting their wellbeing.
Happiness, joy, compassion and kindness – leadership which focusses on developing workplaces which embody these values and behaviours are much more likely to develop greater collaboration, better quality of service and innovation.
During this engaging, uplifting and interactive masterclass we will:
- Understand the importance of positive emotions in work (the “why”);
- Share steps leaders can take to improve joy, compassion and engagement in work (the “how”);
- Explore current thought leaders’ research and evidence for improving workplace cultures
- Use measurement and assessment tools for gauging efforts to improve positive cultures in work
- Craft and agree individual leadership action points
Why attend this Masterclass?
- For greater understanding of purpose-driven organisations and leaders
- For greater sense of what it’s like to get underneath the rhetoric of meaning at work and what it actually means to put theory into practice
- For the opportunity to hear an intergenerational and global perspective on organisation purpose and meaning
If you truly want your organisation to be labelled “a company I’d love to work for” then this masterclass is a must – it will transport you and your organisation to a place you’ll love.